Ingredients: (Serves 4)
2 tablespoons olive oil
500g prawns, peeled with tails intact (reserve heads & shells)
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
4 plump anchovies, roughly chopped
½ bunch of basil, leaves picked and stems finely chopped
½ cup dry white wine
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups rocket
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook prawn heads and shells for 8-10 minutes or until deep orange in colour. Remove heads and shells and discard, leaving prawn oil in the pan.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook linguine for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Reserve one cup of the cooking water.
- Return prawn oil pan to medium-high heat. Cook garlic, chilli, anchovies and basil stems for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add wine and tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes or until wine has reduced by half and tomatoes have broken down. Add prawns and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until prawns are just cooked through.
- Toss rocket and linguine through the sauce in the pan until well coated. Add just enough reserved pasta water to make the perfect sauce consistency.
- Serve pasta garnished with basil leaves and with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Download Recipe Here