We are looking for casual staff members who are prepared to roll up their sleeves, work hard as part of a team and deliver exceptional food experiences to our cooking class participants. Casual cooking class assistants are required to prepare ingredients and equipment for cooking classes, welcome guests, clean dishes and tidy cooking benches during classes, chat with and assist cooking class participants and pack down from cooking classes. This is a very fast-paced work environment and you must be happy to get your hands dirty!
- Minimum 12 months experience working in a food/hospitality/catering environment
- Immaculate hygiene and food safety standards
- Confident communicator for example with team members and cooking class participants
- Able to quickly and correctly identify ingredients and prepare them for the cooking class
- Able to assist chefs with basic kitchen responsibilities including receiving goods, washing dishes and basic cooking tasks
- Able to work in a fast-paced and stressful work environment
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Must love food, cooking and eating!
Must be available 15-25 hours per week, days and nights (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday).
- You must love food and cooking!
- Ability to work in a team, follow instructions and manage multiple tasks at once
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- A bright and positive personality
- An exceptional ability to build rapport with customers and guests
- High expectations of yourself and others
- Outstanding attention to detail, you are a perfectionist, you don't miss a thing
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and outside of the square when required
- You are proactive and always take initiative to get the job done
Want to apply?
Email a one-page cover letter addressed to Themis Chryssidis and include “#quickeasyhealthy” and what this means to you and a copy of your current tailored resume, maximum two pages, including the name and contact details of your last two places of employment to email@example.com.
Applications close: 5pm February 21, 2020