Ingredients: (Serves 4)
1 cup self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
pinch of salt
⅓ cup pure cream
⅓ cup lemonade
250g strawberries, halved
¼ cup sparkling Moscato
1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
1 tablespoon honey, plus 2 tablespoons extra
¼ cup water
juice of 1 lemon
thumb-sized piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour and salt into a medium bowl. Pour in cream and lemonade, then begin to mix into a soft, sticky dough. Turn onto a generously floured work surface. Knead very lightly until just smooth, then press into a 3cm thick disc. Use a 6cm cutter to cut dough into four rounds. Place on the lined baking tray with sides touching. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries in a small bowl. Pour over Moscato and set aside for 5 minutes to macerate.
- Stir mascarpone, vanilla and one tablespoon honey in a medium bowl until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, lemon juice, ginger and remaining two tablespoons honey. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook for 2-3 minutes or until a light syrup forms. Discard ginger prior to serving.
- Fill scones with mascarpone and macerated strawberries, then drizzle with ginger syrup.
Download Recipe Here