125g unsalted butter, softened
½ cup (90g) brown sugar
⅔ cup honey
2½ cups plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, sifted
2 teaspoons ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
1 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon rosewater
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed for 4-5 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, before adding honey, flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cardamom. Beat until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to 5mm thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 140°C (fan-forced). Use a cookie cutter to cut out star shapes from the dough and carefully transfer to lined baking trays. If the dough becomes too soft, place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes or until firm once again. Bake biscuits for 16-18 minutes or until light golden and dry to the touch. Allow to cool completely on the trays.
- Stir icing sugar, lemon juice and rosewater together in a small bowl until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag to decorate cooled biscuits.
Ginger Cardamon Biscuits With Rosewater Icing