Wednesday, 9 November 2022 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
12 baby potatoes, halved
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 small garlic clove, finely grated
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, thinly sliced
400g green beans, trimmed
1 baby cos, leaves separated
2x 200g fresh tuna steaks
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
8 anchovies, drained
2 tablespoons capers
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Boil potatoes for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove from water to a bowl and set aside to steam dry.
2. To being making the salad, combine Dijon mustard, garlic, red wine vinegar and two tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add cherry tomatoes, red onion and potatoes and set aside to soak up flavor.
3. Return water to a gentle boil. Cook eggs for 5 minutes for soft-boiled, 6 minutes for medium or 8 minutes for hard-boiled. Transfer to cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain, peel and cut in half.
4. Heat remaining one tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beans, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until tender and lightly charred. Transfer to the salad bowl, along with cos lettuce.
5. Return pan to medium-high heat. Sear tuna for 30 seconds on each side, leaving the middle of the steaks pink. Set aside to rest before thickly slicing.
6. Divide salad between serving plates. Wedge in eggs and tuna, then fill gaps with olives, anchovies and capers.