Ingredients: (Serves 4)
1 garlic clove, finely grated
pinch of salt
½ bunch of parsley, leaves picked
½ bunch of mint, leaves picked
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons extra
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
⅔ cup pearl barley
4 radishes, thinly sliced
3 medium tomatoes, cut in various shapes and sizes
½ radicchio, leaves separated and torn
4 thick slices of haloumi
- To make the salsa verde, pound garlic with half the parsley and mint in a mortar and pestle until smooth. Stir through one tablespoon olive oil, one tablespoon red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Boil pearl barley for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Combine Dijon, two tablespoons of oil, pearl barley and remaining red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Add radish, tomatoes, radicchio and the remaining parsley and mint. Toss to combine.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook haloumi for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and softened.
- To serve, divide salad between serving plates. Top with halloumi and salsa verde.
Grilled Halloumi With Pearl Barley Salad And Salsa Verde4217