Thursday, 1 April 2021 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
2 broccoli heads, cut into bite-sized florets
1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons extra
pinch of salt
¼ cup roasted almonds
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1 lemon, halved
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
4 barramundi fillets, skin on
40g unsalted butter
2 tablespoons capers
¼ bunch of dill, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Toss broccoli and onion in a large bowl with one tablespoon oil and a pinch of salt. Spread onto a lined baking tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly charred.
2. Combine broccoli, onion, almonds and cranberries in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together one tablespoon oil, juice of half the lemon, honey and Dijon mustard. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
3. Heat remaining one tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add barramundi, skin side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until skin is golden and crispy. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until heat has risen halfway up the side of the fillets. Season with a pinch of salt. Turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove for pan and keep warm.
4. Return pan to high heat. Cook butter until melted, foaming and lightly browned. Add capers and cook for a further minute or until starting to crisp. Remove pan from heat and squeeze in juice of remaining half the lemon. Stir through dill.
5. Divide salad between serving plates, top with fish and spoon over browned butter sauce