Thursday, 1 April 2021 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Shallots, thinly sliced
2 Spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
½ Bunch of parsley, stems finely chopped, leaves picked
6 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 Long red chillies, thinly sliced
Pinch of pepper and salt
¼ Cup capers
½ Cup white wine
2 Cups reduced-salt chicken stock
½ Cup thickened cream
1kg Large king prawns, peeled and deveined
200g Dried linguine
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over high heat.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots, white part of the spring onions, parsley stems, garlic and chilli. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
3. Increase heat to high and stir through capers. Pour in wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add stock and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced. Stir through cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked.
4. Meanwhile, cook linguine for 6-8 minutes or until al dente. Reserve a cup of the cooking water. Drain linguine and toss through chilli prawn sauce. Add cooking water if necessary, to achieve perfect sauce consistency.
5. Divide pasta between serving bowls. Serve topped with parsley leaves and green part of the spring onions.