½ Cup lentils, dried
1 Cup frozen peas, blanched in hot water briefly
⅓ Cup mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
80g Feta, crumbled
4 Garlic cloves, finely grated
1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
4 Chicken thighs, sliced 1cm thick
⅓ Bunch oregano, roughly chopped
2 Bunches asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
250g Cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Tablespoons currants
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Boil lentils for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a small food processor, combine peas, mint, feta, one garlic clove, one tablespoon oil, lemon zest and half the juice. Blitz until smooth.
- Heat remaining one tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer chicken to a bowl with oregano and remaining garlic. Set aside to rest.
- Return pan to the heat. Cook asparagus for 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Combine lentils, asparagus, tomatoes, currants and remaining half the lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Divide pea puree between plates. Top with lentil salad and chicken, and garnish with reserved mint leaves.