Thursday, 1 April 2021 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
180g Soba noodles
2 Teaspoons sesame oil
2 Spring onions, thinly sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
1 Avocado, diced
1 Cup frozen edamame, defrosted
Juice of 1 lime
Thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
2 Tablespoons mirin
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4x 150g Salmon fillets, skin on
½ Bunch of coriander, leaves picked
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Boil soba noodles for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Mix through sesame oil to prevent noodles from sticking together. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine spring onions, cucumber, avocado and edamame in a large bowl. Stir through cooled soba noodles and lime juice and toss to coat.
3. Stir ginger, brown sugar, mirin and soy sauce together in a small bowl.
4. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon skin-side down and cook for 3-4 minutes or until skin is golden and crisp. Turn and seal the flesh side for one minute. Pour in teriyaki marinade and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until salmon is done to your liking.
5. Divide soba noodles salad and salmon between serving bowls. Pour over remaining teriyaki sauce from the pan and garnish with coriander leaves.