Thursday, 1 April 2021 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
1 tablespoon olive oil
400g pork scotch fillet, cut into 2cm dice
1 cup basmati rice
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 red onion, thickly sliced
1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm dice
4 garlic cloves, finely grated
¼ pineapple, cut into 2cm dice
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the sweet and sour sauce:
¼ cup honey
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons reduced-salt tomato paste
1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
1. To make the sweet and sour sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Toss pork through cornflour in a medium bowl. Add pork to the pan, shaking off excess flour, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned all over. Remove from pan.
3. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Boil rice for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked. Drain and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, return wok to medium-high heat. Cook onion and capsicum for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add pineapple and cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly coloured. Stir through garlic until fragrant. Return pork to the pan and pour over sweet and sour sauce. Toss to coat and simmer until sauce has thickened.
5. Divide rice and sweet and sour pork between serving bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds.