Thursday, 1 April 2021 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
3 Tablespoons soy sauce, plus 1 tablespoon extra
2 Tablespoons mirin
1 Tablespoon honey
Thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
2 Garlic cloves, finely grated
2x 200g Beef steaks (eg. porterhouse, scotch fillet)
1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
1 Zucchini, diced
1 Carrot, diced
1 Large handful snow peas, cut into 1cm thick pieces
2 Spring onions, thinly sliced
½ Cup frozen corn, defrosted
½ Cup frozen peas, defrosted
⅔ Cup basmati rice, cooked and cooled
1 Egg, lightly beaten
2 Teaspoons sesame oil
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
¼ Bunch of coriander, leaves picked
1. Combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce, mirin, honey, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steak for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and done to your liking. Remove steak from pan and set aside to rest before slicing.
3. Heat remaining one tablespoon olive oil in a wok. Cook zucchini, carrot, snow peas and spring onions for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Stir through corn and peas. Stir through rice and beaten egg until just cooked. Season with sesame oil and remaining one tablespoon soy sauce.
4. Return small frying pan to medium-high heat. Combine sliced steak and marinade. Cook for one minute or until sauce is slightly thickened and reduced.
5. Divide fried rice between serving bowls. Top with steak, remaining sauce, sesame seeds and coriander leaves.