Thursday, 1 April 2021 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
1 Cup basmati rice
¼ Cup crunchy peanut butter
1 Tablespoon chilli sauce
1 Tablespoon kecap manis
2 Teaspoons fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2x 200g Beef steaks (eg. porterhouse or scotch fillet)
2 Bunches broccolini
1 Cup green beans
½ Red onion, thickly sliced
4 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 Long red chilli, thinly sliced
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Boil rice for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked. Drain and keep warm.
2. Combine peanut butter, chilli sauce, kecap manis, fish sauce, half the lime juice and two tablespoons hot water in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks, fat side down, for one minute or until fat is golden and crispy. Continue to cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side or until done to your liking. Remove steaks from the pan and set aside to rest before slicing.
4. Return pan to medium-high heat. Cook broccolini, green beans and red onion for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and chilli for the last minute of cooking. Squeeze over remaining half the lime juice. Remove vegetables from the pan and keep warm.
5. Return pan to medium-high heat for the final time. Toss steak and satay sauce together until warmed.
6. Divide rice and stir-fried greens between serving bowls, before topping with steak.