Thursday, 1 April 2021 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
Coconut panna cotta:
2 Gold-strength gelatine leaves
200mL Coconut cream
200mL Thickened cream
2 Tablespoons caster sugar
4 Kaffir lime leaves
100g Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1g Agar agar
1 Cup caster sugar
½ Cup popcorn
1 Teaspoon bi-carb soda
¼ Cup peanuts
2 Tablespoons plain flour
1 Tablespoon caster sugar
Pinch of salt
1. To make the panna cotta, grease four small moulds with cooking oil spray. Place gelatin in a small bowl of cold water. Combine coconut cream, thickened cream, sugar and kaffir lime leaves in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Warm until sugar dissolves. Discard kaffir lime leaves. Squeeze excess water from gelatin, then add to the saucepan. Whisk until dissolved. Divide mixture between greased moulds. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight until set.
2. Meanwhile, make the raspberry gel. Press raspberries through a sieve into a small bowl with the back of a spatula. Combine raspberries and agar agar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil for one minute. Pour onto a lined baking tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
3. Make the popcorn honeycomb next. Place sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt sugar, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until a smooth, dark golden syrup forms. Stir in butter until melted and foaming. Remove pan from the heat. Add popcorn, then bicarbonate soda. The mixture will instantly foam. Whisk as little as possible until mixture is just combined. Pour onto a second lined baking tray. Set aside to cool and harden.
4. Lastly, make the peanut crumble. Place peanuts in a small food processor and blitz until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Add flour, sugar, pinch of salt and butter. Use clean hands to rub together until a crumble consistency forms. Transfer to a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast for 2-3 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool and crisp up.
5. To prepare for plating, transfer raspberry gel to a small food processor and blitz until smooth. Place in a piping bag. Additionally, thickly slice banana and cut popcorn honeycomb in small chunks.
6. To serve, turn panna cotta out into serving bowls. Pipe small dots of raspberry gel around the edge. Cover with peanut crumble and popcorn honeycomb. Arrange banana on the side just prior to serving.