Thursday, 1 April 2021 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
2x 200g beef steaks (eg. porterhouse, scotch fillet)
¼ cup oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons caster sugar
200g flat rice noodles
1 red onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 bunches Chinese broccoli, cut into 5cm lengths
2 cups beansprouts
1. Heat one tablespoon oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned. Set aside to rest before thinly slicing.
2. Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and caster sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Cook rice noodles for 4-5 minutes or until just tender.
4. Meanwhile, start cooking the stir-fry. Add remaining one tablespoon oil to the wok and return to high heat. Cook red onion for 1-2 minutes or until lightly charred. Add garlic and cook for a further minute or until fragrant. Add Chinese broccoli and cook for 1-2 minutes or until almost tender.
5. Use tongs to transfer noodles from the boiling water to the wok, draining off excess water. Toss noodles through the wok, then push everything to one side. Add egg and cook until just set. Roughly break up and toss through noodles. Stir through bean sprouts, sliced steak and sauce. Toss to coat then serve immediately.