Thursday, 1 April 2021 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
500g beef mince
1 carrot, diced
200g green beans, cut into 2cm lengths
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
¼ Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
2 cups bean sprouts
440g thin hokkien noodles
¼ cup oyster sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Cook onion for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
2. Add carrot and green beans. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until starting to soften. Stir through cornflour, before adding stock. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened and reduced.
3. Meanwhile, place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1-2 minutes or until warm and easily separated. Drain.
4. Add cabbage and bean sprouts and cook for a minute or until wilted. Add noodles, oyster sauce and soy sauce and toss to coat.
5. Divide chow mein between serving bowls and garnish with spring onions.