By Sprout / Wednesday, 24 February 2021 / Topics:
Barramundi with Pomegranate and Quinoa Tabouli with Yoghurt Herb Sauce (Serves 4)
⅔ Cup quinoa
½ Cup Greek yoghurt
1 Garlic clove, finely grated
Zest and juice of a lemon
1 Bunch of parsley, leaves picked
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt
4x 150g Barramundi fillets, skin on
¼ Butternut pumpkin, cut into 1cm dice
2 Tablespoons pine nuts
½ Red onion, finely diced
1 Pomegranate, seeds removed
2 Cups baby spinach
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Boil quinoa for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2.Finely chop half the parsley leaves. Combine with yoghurt, garlic, lemon zest and half the lemon juice in a small bowl.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season barramundi and add to the pan skin-side down. Cook for 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness, or until fish is just cooked through. Remove barramundi from pan.
4. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add pumpkin and cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Add pine nuts and cook for a further minute or until toasted.
5. Combine quinoa, pumpkin, pine nuts, onion, pomegranate seeds, baby spinach, remaining parsley leaves and half the lemon juice.
6. Divide yoghurt between serving plates and top with quinoa tabouli and barramundi