By Sprout / Thursday, 4 June 2020 / Topics:
Ingredients: (Serves 6)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced).
2. Heat one tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook leek, garlic and thyme for 3-4 minutes or until leek is soft and fragrant. Season with a pinch of salt.
3. Increase heat to medium-high. Add butter and cook until melted and foaming. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for a minute to until bubbling. Remove pan from heat. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Return pan to medium heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Stir through tuna, peas, corn and cheese until warmed.
4. Remove thyme sprigs and transfer tuna mixture to a 6-cup capacity baking dish. Gently scrunch filo pastry sheets and arrange on top until baking dish is covered. Spray generously with cooking oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until filo is golden and crispy.
5. Serve tuna filo pastry pie with a side salad.